We all know Facebook – some
of us love it, some hate it and some just don’t care. In
a nutshell, it’s a platform designed to keep people and businesses connected
with their social networks.
However, with the evolution
of society it has become a great avenue for instigating and managing business
to consumer relations. Here
are some cool stats for ya: as of December 2015 over 50 million businesses worldwide had created a Facebook page or profile.
Furthermore, over 2.5 billion comments are left on business pages on
Facebook every month - that’s a whopping 30 billion comments a year, and
So when you next ask yourself
what more you could be doing to grow your business online (and overall,
really), turn to Social Media as your first port of call.
Don’t know where to begin?
Let’s start with some simple things you can do to improve your business’
- Pin your posts! Make sure
important and engaging content relevant to your business stays at the very top
of your business’ timeline. Businesses have been known to use this as a ‘value
exchange’ opportunity often offering in-store discounts or tips and advice to
consumers who like or follow their page,
- Keep your information and content up to date! There’s
no use posting on a Facebook page when you’ve been absent for the last 6 months
- people will lose interest. Fast.
- Maintain your brand - you may think this is a no
brainer, but businesses often forget to utilise all of Facebook’s resources to
ensure their branding is on point. Businesses have the opportunity to use their
branding in Display Pictures, Cover Photos, the About Us section, the review
feature or posts involving videos and product images.
- Create Call to Action (CTA) buttons - this is a
must for any business! These will be displayed as a button at the top of your
Facebook page - such as ‘Shop Now’, ‘Order Here’, ‘Book Now’ or ‘Contact Us’. It will give your customers a clear sense of
direction as well as align your Facebook page with your business goals.
that’s all pretty simple, right? Now, let’s really get into the nitty gritty!
- Try out Facebook paid advertising, there’s no
harm in giving it a go and the benefits can be astronomical! Facebook offers a service
where you pay for advertising which is very cost-effective. This service has
intricate targeting options as specific as location, age, gender, interests, language,
education and relationship status.
- Boosted Facebook Posts, otherwise
known as ‘sponsored’ advertising is proven to be very effective. This generally
involves ‘boosting’ content you post on your business’
timeline. With the ability to set your own budget and the targeting options
available, your content is sure to reach new audiences.
- Facebook re-marketing is another powerful tool
utilised by businesses on Facebook. Ever noticed that business or product you
searched on Google last week has been following you around on Facebook? That’s
because it has.
Facebook re-marketing works
off 3 key pillars:
1. Customer lists: these are already acquired customers within your database or Facebook page,
2. Web Traffic: these are potential customers who have visited your website and can also be tracked on Facebook,
3. App Activity: last but not least you can track people based on their behaviour, likes and dislikes. This includes people who have purchased a product or service, abondoned their shopping cart, or opened your app.
One thing’s for sure - business and Facebook are
becoming more and more integrated by the day. It’s never been more important
for big and small businesses alike to have a multi-channel presence on both
online and physical realms. So jump on Facebook now and start making your
business page great!
As always, when in doubt consult a professional – contact Zwift here, we’re always happy to help.